[Rule-list] mailing list privacy

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri Feb 8 02:10:40 EET 2002

Chuck Moss wrote:

> Another option to consider is "Hide the sender of a message, replacing
> it with the list address (Removes From, Sender and Reply-To fields)"
> This one is more controversial.

I'm not sure about this one: Does it only affect the archive, or the
mails sent from the list, too? I would like to know from whom a mail
originates and be able to contact him/her off-list (if it goes too far
off-topic). In the archives, at least if they remain public, it's a good
idea to remove any mail addresses so spammers cannot harvest them.

Another thing: Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a Reply-To: header in
all list mail so replies will go to the list? (Yeah, I know about the
discussions about this topic, I just want to know if you want it in or
not).

Best regards,
Martin Stricker