Ri:[Rule-list] ? on RH floppy boot

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Feb 8 15:49:32 EET 2002

Wade said:

> If this is the case, would this project have to either:
>
> 1)  make a separate installer, e.g., busybox+kernel+scripts,
>      text only and use the RH disc for RPMs
>
> 2)  make a separate virtual image based on RH's but with additional
>      options and capabilities.

Wade,

first of all, welcome on board!

I'm all for option 1 if feasible because it has the (IMHO) huge
advantages that:

to test it  we just download floppy images and use them on stock
Red Hat CDs

people (with or without a CD burner) find the stock cds in the
magazines, download just our floppy(es) and install

we are sure to remain compatible with official rh

Last word on this to real programmers, of course... :-(