RRe: [rox-users] New project proposing rox

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 18:12:14 EET 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:58:32PM +0100, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I just started a new GPL project which recommends the use of rox
> >
> > Well, let me know if you get the filer included in RedHat ;-)
> >

> Of course.
> Right now (not urgently) this is what would help us a lot:
>
> 1)	RPMs of the latest rox stable version, but for stock (not
> 	updated) RH 7.2: we are going to test from the stock RH CDs
> 	only, for now.

There should be a new stable release in a week or so, which will hopefully
be identical to the current developer release. I'm not aware of any
problems with the current RPMs for 7.2 systems, but contact the RPM
builders if you have a problem.

> 2)	smart, advanced config  files: note that this has really nothing
> 	RH specific, so the best thing to do would be if you, as the
> 	developer, asked everybody on list to provide theirs and made
>  	them available on the rox site. In this way, every newbie, not
> 	just the RULE ones, would benefit (and avoid FAQs on the mailing
> 	list, right?)

The config is supposed to be 'smart' by default! Generally, if there's an
easy config change that makes the filer better for beginners then we make
that the default...

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk		tal197 at users.sourceforge.net