About businesses which support older versions of Free Software?

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Thu Feb 14 17:35:55 EET 2002

Mr Kuhn,

I have read the message below on the mailing list of my local LUG.

I just wanted to ask if you or anybody else is collecting information
about who is doing the opposite, i.e. modify or repackage latest
versions of Free Software so it runs on older hardware.

Both efforts make free software available to people who can afford
only very low end computers, but in the second case they can use
state of the art applications.

I just started on savannah a project to do just that. Please look
at http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/, and also at the Linux
Journal article linked from there, which explains all the backgrounds

	Best Regards,
			Marco Fioretti