[Rule-list] packages not needed

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sun Feb 17 19:24:30 EET 2002

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 13:46:27 at 01:46:27PM +0100, Benoit Mortier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> maybe we can not install those packages that the functions are already
> present in another package
>
> anacron
> at
>
> we could also omit
>
> ntsysv
> quota (for personnal workstation)
> setserial
> pciutils
> --
Benoit,

please search in the mail archives  the "Trimming the base package
list" thread. It contains some partial conclusions on the same
argument. I will put that list (and many other things) on the web pages
ASAP.

With respect to your suggestions, I have to check what setserial and
pciutils do, I don't remember it right away. About the others, Id'be
inclined to keep anacron at least for laptop
 (but even school and home
desk PCs *are* switched on and off continuosly.....)

		RULE Project leader

--
THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF SUCCESS THAT CAN COMPENSATE FOR FAILURE
AT HOME.