[Rule-list] Status Report

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 01:36:29 EET 2002

Devon wrote:

> I've made further modifications to anaconda, and it is now at a state
> where it runs from the new CD right up to the point where it is ready
> to install the packages. It appears to know that it wants Red Hat CD
> 1, however, it crashes when it tries to unmount the installer CD. It
> get far enough that it displays the install progress bars, and shows
> that it is going to install glibc as the first package. Then it
> dies...
snip
> At this point, I don't know if it is the python modifications, or the
> way I am building the disks, or a hardware problem, or.....
> I'm going to try the standard Red Hat install on this machine next,
> and see if it can handle the disk swap there.

Maybe you should download the SGI XFS-installer ISO. It doesn't appear
to be in CVS... http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/ (Project page)
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.0.2/installer/i386/
The anaconda SRPM contains all the modifications in well-documented form
according to Martin K. Petersen of Linuxcare, Inc., one of the core XFS
for Linux developers. He even offered to be contacted directly if we had
specific questions. I'll send you his e-mail address in a private mail.
I don't have the ISO at hand, otherwise I would have put the anaconda
SRPM up to my website. :-(

Best regards,
Martin Stricker