[Rule-list] packages not needed

Kerry redhatrob at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 18 02:31:17 EET 2002

I agree on removing these items. And maybe things like local mail, as most
people use pop3 mail provided by their ISP anyway. maybe only include
sendmail as an option rather than the default. Also, I think PCMCIA
services should be optional. I, for instance, want RULE to install to my
Toshiba 486 laptop, and I would need PCMCIA, but most people are using
desktops.

A word about laptops:

You can get about $10 US for a fully loaded 386 desktop where I live. But
a 386 laptop w/color disp., goes for about $80. You can still fetch a
decent price on Ebay for even a 486 laptop. My point is, Laptops have a
longer "user" life. Lets make RULE, if possible the BEST "sub-distro?" for
older laptops. I'm tired of having to use Win 3.11. How embarassing!

End babblings: