[Rule-list] Ok,,, but what if you don't have a cdrom

Jason Roysdon jason+rule at roysdon.net
Mon Feb 18 03:38:53 EET 2002

Off-topic, but the commands are:
format /s a:
then you'd want to copy over a generic IDE CDROM driver and configure
config.sys to load it, as well as MSCDEX.EXE.  I've a Win98se boot .img that
I've used for a long time (as I never have Win9x around, just NT/2K/XP at
work or newer).  Useful for booting up and then running network drivers off
of a CD or Ghost, etc.  If someone with an old laptop required such a thing,
shoot me an email and I can email it back (approx 1.44mb, of course).

You can tell where my background is ;-)'

Jason Roysdon
jason at roysdon.net
http://jason.roysdon.net/