[Rule-list] Modified installer

Brock Organ borgan at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 19:39:02 EET 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 18:03, Devon wrote:

> On Friday 15 February 2002 03:29 pm, Brock Organ wrote:
> > 32 Mb and 24 Mb and 16 Mb of RAM (faked using linux mem=24M at the
> > syslinux prompt) installed the low memory install class ... I was
> > unable to test rebooting into the installed system with the mem= kernel
> > parameter as it caused the kernel to be unable to load the aic7xxx
> > module to load the root fs ...
>
> Reading that again...
> Are you saying it installed and booted at 16M and 32M, but failed when
> you passed the 'mem=24M' boot parameter?

the installer was able to cope with the mem= kernel command line
parameter, but the installed system would not boot when using the
parameter, so I didn't use it and it booted fine (into 128+ Mb of RAM)
... so I couldn't use the command line parameter to tell if the
installed system would boot ...

Brock Organ		QA Engineer		borgan at redhat.com
  "That which we are, we are..."    "I `em what I`em!"
    -Alfred, Lord Tennyson            -Popeye, Lord Sailor