[Rule-list] Modified installer

Brock Organ borgan at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 23:21:22 EET 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 17:35, Devon wrote:

> On Friday 15 February 2002 03:29 pm, Brock Organ wrote:
> > 32 Mb and 24 Mb and 16 Mb of RAM (faked using linux mem=24M at the
> > syslinux prompt) installed the low memory install class ... I was
> > unable to test rebooting into the installed system with the mem= kernel
> > parameter as it caused the kernel to be unable to load the aic7xxx
> > module to load the root fs ...
>
> Yeah, but other than that? ;)

other than that I've noticed that neither pump nor dhcpcd was installed
... so after manually installing the dhcpcd rpm from the CD, there was
no problem ...

> Not entirely good news, of course.

I'd say pretty good news ... core functionality is there ...

> I was thinking the target audience for this installer would be running on
> all IDE hardware. Of course, that assumption could be way off base.

no need to throw out functionality that is not on the critical resource
path, IMO ... :)

regards,

brock

Brock Organ		QA Engineer		borgan at redhat.com
  "That which we are, we are..."    "I `em what I`em!"
    -Alfred, Lord Tennyson            -Popeye, Lord Sailor