[Rule-list] ANNOUNCE: coordinators assignments

Chuck Moss cmrule at mossc.com
Thu Feb 21 16:53:15 EET 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 12:01:28AM +0100, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some days ago I asked for somebody to take direct responsibility for
> developing and testing the installer. Chuck Moss and Benoit Mortier
> volunteered, and, after discussing it among the three of us, I am
> pleased to announce that Chuck will coordinate the actual installer
> development, and Benoit the many, many tests that will have to be run
> to guarantee its quality and robustness.

Thanks for the intro Marco,

I have been real busy this week so I haven't done much digging into the
anaconda code myself.  The great thing about this is it looks like a good
deal of the work has been done.  I think we(meaning other people) ;-) have
made great strides in at least proof of concept of a couple of different
approaches.  I am especially pleased with Devon's news about getting the
anaconda mods into boot floppy images.

For now I will focus on digging through the archives to see what needs to be
documented and contact the developers individually to get details/patches
suitable for documentation/CVS.  I will also look at optins for
implementing a wiki and/or a weblog.

Thanks,

Chuck Moss