[Rule-list] Lower bound for text install

Wade Hampton wade.hampton at nsc1.net
Thu Feb 21 19:25:03 EET 2002

> I was the one who corrected him, and I thought that I brought that up during
> the original discussion.  If not, I apologize.  The 17M is the hard coded
> limit that I found in isys.h (MIN_RAM 17000).  I dropped this to 6000, and
> it worked with 12M, but not 8M (using the original discs and two updated
> anaconda floppies).

17M is a strange number.  16M is a common older value for memory
and one would think they would have hard coded it to 15.5 or so, not
just over 16M.  I wonder if RH encountered some issues with 16M
installs and changed this to 17M to prevent them from occuring,
making the real effective minimum something like 20M or 24M?

Cheers,
--
Wade Hampton