[Rule-list] problem with update disk

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 01:03:00 EET 2002

Benoit Mortier wrote:

> when he ask me for the updates floppy i put it in and then the
> installer say failed to mount floppy
>
> If i go to the console i see "could not find ext2 fs on dev fd(2,0)

Basically the same here. My console says
<4>VFS: Can't find ext2 filesystem on dev loop(7,0).

Since I got similar problems with the boot.img first, too, due to bad
floppys (I *hate* floppies!) I tried several approaches... Just saw a
updates.tar, downloaded it and will try.

Any idea on how to use a CD instead of floppies? Especially useful if it
works on Windows, too, since the burner is at work, and there I only
have Windows...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker