[Rule-list] Planning, was: group..

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Feb 22 18:47:47 EET 2002

> Hello to everyone,
> I need to fix some points at this time:
>
> If it's not yet done, we should organize ourselves in groups (testing,
> developers, planning).... frequently I can't follow all discussions in our
> group....

Pietro,

testing and developing (currently installer only) have just been
organized as you say. Please look at "assignment" news in the Project
(not web) page, and contact directly Chuck Moss (development) and/or
Benoit Mortier (testing). See also Benoit's posts here of the last
two/three days.

The first things for developing will probably be to stop a moment,
 reorganize under CVS and document everything done so far, and for
testing... just do as many of them as possible.
However, Chuck and Benoit will present the plan for this

Planning: I am writing a lot of additions to the web pages about this.
I hope to put them online during next weekend. The idea is to
define "subsystems" (print/email/Graphic server/Window manager/.....)
and to have a responsible for each one. Within each subsystem it may
be needed to have a responsible for the RPM packaging of some program,
if it doesn't exist yet.

Mailing list: if we become so many and so active as I hope, more mailing
lists will be created, of course. Right now, I feel it's important that
everybody has at least by the subjects a general idea of what's
happening.

Of course, it is ESSENTIAL that everybody puts PROPER subjects:
please everybody, never just reply to a message to start speaking
of something else. If something in a discussion spins off, DO start
immediately a new thread with a new, informative subject!

	RULE project leader