[Rule-list] Ok,,, but what if you don't have a cdrom

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Sat Feb 23 00:01:28 EET 2002

James wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:26:10 +0100
> Martin Stricker <shugal at gmx.de> wrote:

> > past. *searching my mail*
> >
> > On Dec 26 2001 Matthew Saltzman wrote this about installing over the
> > net with a PCMCIA network card:
> > | You probably need both the pcmcia image and the pcmciadd image
> > | ready to hand.  The former is the installer kernel and the latter
> > | is a driver disk.

This says it quite clearly and will prevent you from using RULE right
now... You have to boot from pcmcia.img typing linux dd and then insert
the pcmciadd.img as driver disk. To enable you booting your laptop with
RULE-installer you would need a RULE-modified pcmcia.img and there would
have to type (I think, I don't know if that would work) linux dd updates

Devon, any idea?

> side note even though this box is monochrome the loader info is
> reasonably readable.

Very good!

Best regards,
Martin Stricker