[Rule-list] Ok,,, but what if you don't have a cdrom

James james at opencountry.org
Sat Feb 23 11:39:25 EET 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:01:28 +0100
Martin Stricker <shugal at gmx.de> wrote:

> James wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:26:10 +0100
> > Martin Stricker <shugal at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > > past. *searching my mail*
> > >
> > > On Dec 26 2001 Matthew Saltzman wrote this about installing over the
> > > net with a PCMCIA network card:
>
> This says it quite clearly and will prevent you from using RULE right
> now... You have to boot from pcmcia.img typing linux dd and then insert
> the pcmciadd.img as driver disk. To enable you booting your laptop with
> RULE-installer you would need a RULE-modified pcmcia.img and there would
> have to type (I think, I don't know if that would work) linux dd updates

Martin,
  With that note in mind, I'm going to play with using one of the intrid
images I mentioned before, and see what is different between it and
Devons/your version.  Maybe I can cobble something together that works
well enough someone who knows more can perfect.  The intrid images I
mentioned where written for RH for one of the two comps I have so it
could/should be a start.