[Rule-list] Size of RH minimal install, was: OK..but what...

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sun Feb 24 09:58:12 EET 2002

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 22:06:08 at 10:06:08PM -0800, James wrote:

> Question how small is Rh's minimal install would it fit on a 500meg hdd?
> (God can't believe I'm asking that about linux.)

Surely yes. I have a laptop with 700 MB hdd, and I was able to put
RH 7.2 minimal install, plus emacs/apache/php rpms, Xfree, Netscape, and
something else I don't remember. Of course, it took me half a day of
manual package selection tried several times, and it left less than 50
MB free, but it's there.

		RULE project leader

--
The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering
iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.