Swap Brainstorm (was Re: [Rule-list] Test of 0.6.3-small - the whole story)

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Mon Feb 25 16:12:26 EET 2002

Devon wrote:

> For a single disk, I was going to try running fdisk, creating the
> partitions, and then enabling them as above.
> The mknod major and minor values for hda would be 3 0
> hda1 would be 3 1
> I haven't a clue if this will work on a single disk yet. That's a
> project for tomorrow evening at this point.

I'll try this right after I send this email. BTW it's my production
machine (this very one I'm typing my mail right now), but the two
production disks are going out (removable disk frames, very handy) and
my test disk goes in. Oh, you have the major/minor numbers for /dev/hda2
and /dev/hda3, too? Then I don't need to repartition... Or even better,
where do I find these numbers?

Just saw the numbers for hda and hda3, I'll create these two only (hda3
is swap as done by automatic partitioning, so I don't have to
repartition).

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Red Hat Linux for low memory: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/