[Rule-list] minor mailing list changes

Chuck Moss cmrule at mossc.com
Mon Feb 25 17:40:50 EET 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:12:48PM +0100, Martin Stricker wrote:
> Chuck Moss wrote:
>
> > 2. add the info for the mailing list to the savannah web pages.
> > I think this was removed when we suggested making the list private.
> >
> > I think the preferred solution was:
> > a. to have the link to the mailing list shown on the website:
> > b. only allow members to view the archives.  This is a maybe
>
> > Please comment on these ideas.  They are just suggestions for
> > discussion.
>
> I agree with all your points with the exception of 2.b. which I cited
> above: I think it might be nice for people who are just curious about
> what's going on with RULE to look into the list archive. This, of
> course, means that *any* email address (even in the body) must be
> obfuscated.

I'm convinced. I don't think there is any facility for obfuscating email
addresses in the body of the message within mailman.

So I will change the request to:
Please add a notice to the mailing list sign up page notifying subscribers
that the list has a public archive and email addresses should be left out
of the body of messages.

Sounds like we need a mailing list or admin subproject to assign tasks to.

Chuck