[Rule-list] Mirroring website/downloads?

Chuck Moss cmrule at mossc.com
Wed Feb 27 07:11:52 EET 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 12:55:33AM +0100, Martin Stricker wrote:
> I just got a request to mirror the downloads and maybe the website from
> Jason Roysdon. Please discuss tis here (if needed) and than mail Jason
> at work: Spam obfuscator: s/FirstName.LastName/Jason.Roysdon/ on
> FirstName.LastName at synovation.com . He'll eventually read all the list
> messages, but that might take several days. I'll BCCing him so he knows
> what's going on.
>
> I think it's a Good Idea (TM) to have some mirrors for the downloads,
> I'm not yet sure if a website mirror is equally good.

Is the idea of a mirror intended to support geographically close downloads?
faster downloads?
backup?

FYI, when we have the code in CVS we can grab a tarball of the cvs tree.
They are created nightly.  That should be a good backup in case of
catastrophic failure at savannah.

BTW, the website can be checked out as well, but i Don't know if you can
get a tarball of the cvstree of the website.  I'll figure that out
tomorrow.

Chuck