[Rule-list] RULE doesn't install [was: Install instructions]

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Mon Mar 4 01:25:09 EET 2002

"Julian G." wrote:

> I was using the 0.7.0 bootdisk and the 0.7.1 updates.
>
> Any ideas on what could be the culprit?
>
> (FYI: I tried about 4 times, no luck on any of them -- after
> formatting, it just doesn't go anywhere)

Please go to VT3 and VT4 (press [Alt][F3] or [Alt][F4] simultaneously)
and write down the last, sya, five lines of both. Also, switch to VT2
[Alt][F2] and try to run free. If it works, please write down the
output, too. If your typed letters do not appear after a few minutes the
installer completely ran out of memory. What boot:-line did you use?
With [Alt][F1] you can return to the install screen. Did you see any
error message on the installer screen? Which boot-image did you use,
boot.img or pcmcia.img? (You need pcmcia.img only if your CD-ROM drive
is PCMCIA-based)

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Red Hat Linux 7.2 for low memory: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/