[Rule-list] RULE doesn't install [was: Install instructions]

Julian G. jgollner at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 5 04:28:17 EET 2002

I used boot.img, and the boot line was "linux updates." I had already made
an updates disk with the 0.7.1 updates on it. There were no error messages
on the screen... everything went fine up until it stopped doing anything.

last few lines of VT3:
* anaconda floppy device fd0
* Detected 48M of memory
* Swap attempt of 96M to 192M
* depcheck: package mutt needs smtpdaemon (provided by sendmail)
* depcheck: package fetchmail needs smtpdaemon (provided by sendmail)

(I told it to ignore dependencies this time. I've tried adding the
dependancies, but it makes no difference -- same thing happens)

last few lines of VT4:
<7>ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
<4>Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
<4>VFS: Can't find ext2 filesystem on dev loop(7,0).
<6>md: raid0 personality registered as nr 2
<6>md: raid1 personality registered as nr 3
<6>raid5: measuring checksumming speed
<4>   8regs	    :    62.800 MB/sec
<4>   32regs    :    61.200 MB/sec
<4>raid5: using function: 8regs (62.800 MB/sec)
<6>md: raid5 personality registered as nr 4
<6>Journalled Block Device driver loaded
<6> hda: hda1 hda2

In VT2, it takes about 2-3 minutes for each letter to appear.

Comments: I only have 40mb of RAM in the system. HD config is: 40 meg swap
partition, and 736 meg / partition (this time -- I've tried autoconfig as
well with no better results). Right after it formats the / filesystem, it
just doesn't seem to DO anything. I've used boot.img from the redhat CD
several times in the past on this same system with no problems. I've also
tried using another redhat CD (to make sure it wasn't the CD), but the
problem remains.

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.