[Rule-list] Re: small utility disk (cfdisk info)

James james at opencountry.org
Tue Mar 5 09:17:57 EET 2002

Devon,
   Have you ever played with ezrpm?  It does what rpm does as far as
installing but in a very limited form.

Usage:
  ./ezrpm [filenames] {--gui | --nogui} {--noinstall} {--force}
{--forcedeps}
        | --help
    (Installs .rpms, resolving dependencies from install dirs or $RPMPATH.
    If an RPMPATH item is prefixed with [VolName], prompt user for volume
    VolName).
      --gui/--nogui: Force default interface to GUI or console mode
      --noinstall  : Display files that would be installed, without
installing --force  : Pass --force                       to rpm program
(force install)
      --forcedeps  : Check dependencies even on already installed RPMs
      --help       : Display this message

As you can see the --nodeps options -q etc aren't there but it DOES
install rpms and since it weighs in at an un-hefty 46k it may be the
answer to getting the config scripts in an rpm to run.  Since the bzip2
file with source and compiled binary is only 37k I'm taking the liberty of
attaching it to a second offline e-mail. Just for fun I installed 4 or 5
rpms on my box using it and so far.... nothing got broken.

James

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:30:45 -0500