[Rule-list] New installer / bootdisk

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 8 17:23:31 EET 2002

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 01:31:35 -0500
Devon <devon at tuxfan.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Friday 08 March 2002 01:24 am, Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:
>
> > Had 0.0.9...that looked real good...but never got to install.  I'm
> > gonna pull some ram out of my P166...try and get it down to
16meg..just
> > for this experiment..
>
> Did you have both disks? You also need the rpm.gz file on a second disk
> for 0.0.9. I didn't post instructions, because I decided to wait until
it
> was a little more polished.
>
> Also, you don't have to remove any RAM. At the syslinux boot prompt,
just
> enter 'linux mem=16M' (or 12M or 8M...) The lowest I've tested is 8M and

> I've had no difficulty at all.
>
> - -D

Sorry Devon...no joy.  Can't make the transition to the second
floppy...complains about BOGUS sector sizes, can't find filesystem, and
the cdrom can't find the cd.
Could it be because I'm editting the setup.sh to suit my drive partitions?
 I tried a couple different floppies...tried with 16M and then just let it
run through normally.   Mounts everything, writes the files to the
partitions tho...but just can't find the floppy when we need it...G