[Rule-list] New installer / bootdisk

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 8 19:48:01 EET 2002

> The installer should have no trouble reading a dos file system, so you
> might give that a try.
>
> As for mounting the cd, if the drive is old or non standard, the kernel
> may not have support compiled in for it. I'm working on using a modular
> kernel next, so that may help somewhat. Even when it is found, several
> attempts are made to mount it. You'll see several warning/error messages

> before it gets mounted. I need to specify the file system type in the
> script, which should make most of that go away.
>
> > Could it be because I'm editting the setup.sh to suit my drive
> > partitions? I tried a couple different floppies...tried with 16M and
> > then just let it run through normally.
>
> Make sure you also change the second stage script and the reboot script.

> /scripts/second_stage_scripts/base_install.sh
> /scripts/initial_reboot.sh
> to point at the proper hard drive.

Gotcha....bet that's where its failiing....I did the first script but not
the second...error messages are telling me it can't find proper
filesystems----well I should hope not..../hda1 is Win98.........and no
hda2......;-))  Will post back later...if it works for you and
others...gotta work for me.  BTW...both tries were on pentiums with IDE
cds.........saving the 486 for when you get the fancy script....that one I
gotta load sbpcd.

Later...G