[Rule-list] New installer / bootdisk

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 9 09:39:19 EET 2002

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:55:28 -0500
Devon <devon at tuxfan.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Friday 08 March 2002 12:48 pm, Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:
>
> > Gotcha....bet that's where its failiing....I did the first script but
> > not the second...error messages are telling me it can't find proper
> > filesystems----well I should hope not..../hda1 is Win98.........and no
> > hda2......;-))  Will post back later...if it works for you and
> > others...gotta work for me.  BTW...both tries were on pentiums with
IDE
> > cds.........saving the 486 for when you get the fancy script....that
> > one I gotta load sbpcd.
>
> OUCH! :)
> For safety, please disconnect the win 98 drive. I don't want to trash
> anyone's system with this thing. :)
> At this point I'd much prefer people test on a single drive system.
>
> - -D

Well we're down to a single drive now....and partitioned according to
scripts..

Got the floppu thing sorted out....had a bad download...and a few bad
floppies...

Install fails right after mounting CD....says 'rpm not found'

Tried w/ 16M and 32M.....no joy either time....seems like the machine
doesen't have time to read or search the disk just before it craps....is
that possible???

To make sure this wasn't a hardware issue...I had installed RH7.2 (full
install; less KDE) just day before yesterday on this machine.   Took about
an hour till I was on the net with it...

Later...G