[Rule-list] miniconda v0.1.1 MACHINE #13

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 9 21:08:40 EET 2002

On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:48:55 -0500
Devon <devon at tuxfan.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 09 March 2002 01:17 pm, Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:
>
> > Forgot to mention...it was the script that failed with 'syntax error'
>
> Hrmm, now I'll really have to look at it.
> Even the most limited of shells should understand /usr/bin/passwd ;)

Sorry...should have detailed a bit more....I then set the password
manually, it did that with no complaints...then I must have missed
something in the pivot_root business...I umounted manually and rebooted.
The nifty lilo screen came up...graphic....and then the boot failed with
something about not finding 'init'.

There were errors in the install at the beginning of the
sequence...something about cannot find files or directories in /var it
went by quite fast..and my aging memory is not like 20ys ago...no longer
photographic...sorry just an aging 'homo sapien'...;-))

This was with 16M parameter set...total install about
40-45min.........btw...luv the progress bars....;-))

What I've got now is probably repairable...to get a running system.  I'll
wait for a bit an see what ya think...

Later...G