[Rule-list] FWD: anaconda 7.1 patches

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Mar 13 11:27:07 EET 2002

Hello,

just read this on the Anaconda developer list, might be useful for
miniconda too?

		RULE project leader

----- Forwarded message from "Seth D. Alford" <setha at plaza.ds.adp.com> -----

Subject: anaconda 7.1 patches
From: "Seth D. Alford" <setha at plaza.ds.adp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:09:17 -0800
To: anaconda-devel-list at redhat.com
Cc: "Seth D. Alford" <setha at plaza.ds.adp.com>
Sender: anaconda-devel-list-admin at redhat.com

As you may be aware, ADP Dealer Service's latest platform for Automobile and
Truck Dealerships is hosted on Linux.  We used the RedHat 7.1 distribution.

For ADP's purposes, anaconda, even with a customized kickstart file, lacked
several features, including:

* better support for serial console
* simplified messages for the user
* completely automatic partitioning on a variety of disk configurations
* support for tape restore
* an /adp partition on a logical volume.

Under the terms of the GPL, we're publishing the changes which we made to
anaconda.  See ftp://208.252.96.251/Linux/patches/anaconda-7.1 .  The file:

ftp://208.252.96.251/Linux/patches/anaconda-7.1/README-adp-1.txt

describes what we did.  The file:

ftp://208.252.96.251/Linux/patches/anaconda-7.1/anaconda-7.1-adp-1.patch.tar.bz2

is a tarball which contains the actual patches.

--Seth Alford
setha at plaza.ds.adp.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former.  -Albert Einstein