[Rule-list] About internationalization, was :miniconda 0.1.1 test...

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Mar 13 11:34:44 EET 2002

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 01:12:03 at 01:12:03AM +0100, Martin Stricker wrote:
> You should squeeze as much internationalization into the installer as
> possible. Among our testers are an Italian (Marco), a Belgian (Benoit,
> looking at your name I guess you want a French keyboard rather than a
> Netherlands) and a German (me). Furthermore, one of our main target
> groups beeing underdeveloped countries we will match very much by having
> French, Spanish and Portugese available - and some Asian languages.

Absolutely!

Maybe you remember that we started discussing this project on the
Enigma list when I (wrongly) dismissed as bloat a graphical installer
with flags to click on to select the language, and somebody rightly
pointed out that many, many people, (including A LOT of potential RULE
users) know ZERO english, and  might not even recognize their
country/language name when spelled in english. Hence, the suggestion
that I put in the "installer" page on the web site.

Again, that is only a suggestion, but providing hooks in miniconda to
have it talk the native language of the user as early as possible
during the process is essential.

Any feedback about the proposal on the web site is very welcome.

		RULE project leader

--
Reality is an illusion - perception is what counts.