[Rule-list] install of V0.1.2 on PC 14

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Thu Mar 14 02:17:08 EET 2002

Devon wrote:

> > I see the loop devices after installation. Is it possible to have
> > /dev/loop0 and losetup available at CD mount time? I want to mount a
> > .iso image file and install from a hard drive on hdb. This would
> > allow installs on systems with no CD.
>
> Including loop devices is easy enough. losetup would be harder, we
> don't have the disk space. Additionally, this won't work with the
> current installer. It wants to partition and format the disk. That
> wouldn't be possible if you have the iso on the disk. I suppose you
> could do it with a 2 disk install.

As I understood Larry he wants to do the following:
- Put the .iso-File somewhere on /dev/hdb
- Boot the RUKE installer
- Use the .iso file instead of the CD
- Install (and partition) only /dev/hda
This should work (he might have to mknod the /dev/hdb partitions by
hand) since he's talking about two physical disks.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Red Hat Linux 7.2 for low memory: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/