[Rule-list] i'm back

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Thu Mar 14 11:53:32 EET 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 00:03:14 at 12:03:14AM -0500, Chuck Moss wrote:

Welcome back Chuck!

> Devon, what of your efforts should we get into CVS?  If you want to send me
> a tarball I can do the initial imports and we can take it from there.  If
> you would prefer I will just get that CVS walkthrough together(I know, i
> promised it a long time ago).

Yes, please, let's lay down everything already done before going
further with development, including updated lists of external links to
ISOs and such.

Let's also document the differences, possible future developments and
architecture of the two solutions explored so far:

> Maybe we will have two installers available: The anaconda-based
> installer RULE-installer (currently at version 0.7.3) and the
> uclib-based installer miniconda (currently at 0.1.2). Maybe we

I volunteer to help to format, polish, complete whatever documentation you
guys put together, but its first draft should really be written by the
people who *really* understand the internals of the code (not me, alas
:-( ), and who are actually doing it.

[Crash programs] fail because they are based on the theory that, with
nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.
						Wernher von Braun