[Rule-list] openssl vesion in RULE

James james at opencountry.org
Fri Mar 15 09:21:57 EET 2002

Marco,

  Hence the reason for my question 9.6a of openssl and zlib are both used in the build..... do I build against the stock versions that have both been under fire for security holes or do I build against the updates.  I've found a working rpm of it, that does seem to work, however the RH boxes I have access to for a rebuild are are highly modified and I dont' want to "break" anything.  (at the moment I don't even have access to a "normal" set of install disks.  Can't find the dang originals)  I'll build either way.  I just don't want to cause hassles.  Maybe the solution is to build static and against the updates. Opinions?

James