[Rule-list] non-ide cd PC #12

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 17 05:07:02 EET 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 02:40:08 +0100
Martin Stricker <shugal at gmx.de> wrote:

> Devon wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 16 March 2002 06:26 pm, Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:
> >
> > > Martin...would you please post a link for 0.7.3; I looked in the
> > > file areas of both Tuxfan and Savannah---if it's there I missed it.
> > > Thanks..G
> >
> > The miniconda images in the 'images-0.7.0' directory along with the
> > updates in 'updates-v0.7.0.tar' should work fine on this machine.
>
> Argh, wrong version number, I was too fed up with slinky-0.1.3 I
> guess... @-| But use the updates from updates-v0.7.1, there are some
> fixes in it!

Sorry guys...no joy...;-((   I keep getting cannot mount floppy errors.  I
tried copying several ways...windoze filemanager...dos prompt using 'copy'
and rawrite; even downloaded right onto the floppy; on a couple different
'new' disks.   This was using updates-v0.7.1.tar..  I have to boot using
boot.img....then linux dd...get my cd loaded; it then asks me for the
updates disk...then it bombs.  Can't boot with the one liner...linux
updates dd.

  Could I be doing something wrong copying the disk to floppy...only thing
I didn't try yet was doing the copy in linux.  Yet OTOH the boot.img and
oldcdrom.img work well (used rawrite).  Await 'expert' advice...;-)).....G