[Rule-list] non-ide cd PC #12

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 17 18:48:05 EET 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:35:08 +0100
Martin Stricker <shugal at gmx.de> wrote:

> Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:
>
> > OOOOOPS.........that was probably the only thing I DIDN'T do, couldn't
> > untar in windoze...;-((...(hmm wonder if Winzip would do it)....thanks
> > Devon...will do it and give it another try...tomorrow...AM...long day
> > today...gotta roost....;-))...G
>
> WinZip will happily unpack .zip, .tar, and .gz/.tgz.

Thanks Martin...and you're right!!!  Winzip quite happily unzipped the
files directly to floppy.  I still can't install tho, and think I've
actually found something useful this time.   I keep getting the error
'can't mount floppy'.  I used several floppies, all formatted using format
a: in dos.  There's where the problem lies;  I never did try a mke2fs on
the floppy, but I switched to VT2 and managed to mount the floppy with
'mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy'.  But then what??  It rejected all
other efforts using msdos, ext2 and just 'mount /mnt/floppy'.   Is the
original script looking for something other than a 'vfat' floppy??

Later...G