[Rule-list] non-ide cd PC #12

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 17 22:13:02 EET 2002

> > floppy with 'mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy'.  But then what??  It
> > rejected all other efforts using msdos, ext2 and just 'mount
> > /mnt/floppy'.   Is the original script looking for something other
than
> > a 'vfat' floppy??
>
> Hrmm. Formatting the floppy with mke2fs will work.
> The filesystem type isn't specified in the mount command.
>
> Try :
> boot, cd scripts, nano setup.sh
> At ~line 446, add -t vfat to the mount command.
> It should then mount without difficulty.
>
> I'll see what I can do about a work around.
>
> - -D

 Whoa...Devon...I was using miniconda not slinky....

Slinky went through beautifully (P166)...just I couldn't add in my
antiquated cdrom drivers with it(actually never tried).  I'm now trying on
an old 486 with a proprietary cd, I gotta use sbpcd on that one.  Ergo:
went over to miniconda, cause it asks for a driver disk...we get over that
hurdle...it loads the driver and sees the cd...then when it asks for the
'updates' that's where I get into trouble...

That was why I had mentioned that in a earlier post...about being nice if
I could load external modules...;-)

Later...G

Later...G