[Rule-list] richard's laptop

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Mon Mar 18 01:42:58 EET 2002

On Saturday 16 March 2002 7:00 pm, Larry wrote:
> Richard,
>
> How big is the laptop hd? Does the laptop connect to a network or
> another system with laplink?

1.2 gb
using nfs with desktop

> Here's my idea. Partition the hd so the first partition boots dos and is
> large enough for the disk1.iso from redhat. Get the disk1.iso image
> onto it by download, network, or laptop.
>
> Set up your linux partitions in the rest of the disk space.
>
> Devon, will the slinky installer work with an existing partiton like this?
> Will it install to hda2, hda3, and hda4 for instance?

I could try a variation on your idea:

Create a large enough logical drive in an extended partition. Use w98 (on the
laptop now) to copy over the image file from the cd on the network (any ideas
on how I could create an iso image file that is smaller, if I find stuff to
cut out?) Then delete the w98 partitions and create hda1 (how small can I
make it?) hda2 for the swap and hda5, etc. for the rest.

Richard
rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr