[Rule-list] non-ide cd PC #12

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 18 04:08:08 EET 2002

> > > Try writting that image to a floppy with the rawrite utility on the
> > > Red Hat CD.
> >
> > I get stuck in a similar place so I want to try this too. Does rawrite
> > break down a 4mb image into more than one disk? What does dd in linux
> > do with this?
>
> According to Gordon, it worked fine. However, I didn't make the image
> quite right. I believe I have it now. :)
> http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net:8080/rule/miniconda/updates-v0.7.0-a.img
> Should be sized properly for a floppy.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> - -D

Hi guys...hehehe didn't even notice the size...was in a bit of a
hurry...other things goin' on...but it copied over and didn't complain,
'as was'.   Oh well; must've gotten the right parts onto the floppy....
big thing is it got my install unstuck...it's still installing....got up
to X now...I might run out of space...it asked if I wanted to add all the
dependencies..and like an idiot I said 'yes'....hmmmmm forty daze and
forty nites comes to mind...;-))
Second vt is totally unresponsive...can't even do a 'free'.

Later...G