[Rule-list] can't network install on 486

Luie delos Santos luie at linuxmail.org
Tue Mar 19 03:57:37 EET 2002

> > Can somebody please put the "images-v0.7.2" to the
> > "http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/rule/" site, this is where I was
> > able to download the 0.7.0 version.
>
> They are there as well.
> http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/rule/miniconda/images-v0.7.2/
>
> Hope they work for you.

Thanks Devon.

I was able to boot using the 0.7.2 installer but I found out that the list does not contain any of the NICs that I have so I downloaded the drvnet.img.
I was able to select the appropriate nic driver but after the system loads the selected driver I get the ff. error message: "Failed to insert 3c503 module.". Same error appears when I use HP10/100VG & Intel 8/16 (using eexpress & ne) LAN Adapters.
I tried this on another 486 machine, using the same NICs, w/ the same results.

What else do I need to try?

Thanks.

luie