[Rule-list] Joining group

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at indahaus.com
Tue Mar 19 08:53:11 EET 2002

At 3/19/2002 01:04 AM +0100, you wrote:
>Welcome aboard, Rodolfo! I really missed you here since some of the
>initial input for RULE came from you.

Will provide what humble help I can here.

>There is a test PC request form which I will mail you in private (I'm
>not sure if it's on the website or download area). Fill it and mailo it
>to Benoit Mortier.

Be grateful if you can email it. If not, I'll go looking for it soon. (Soon
is a relative term, since I'm leaving for El Salvador, the USA, and the
Dominican Republic on Wednesday and not coming back until April 2nd.) <smile>

>Since you only have 8 MB and a 486 I recommend the use of slinky-0.1.5,
>it should work.

Doubtful, since I *think* the thing only has 200MB HDD; haven't booted it
yet to check. However, it occurs to me that I can simply hammer at this
thing with miniconda *until* it works, relaying feedback to Devon et al. of
what breaks each time. Maybe? Or is there a better idea?

I'll also continue to look for another machine with 16MB of RAM and a
bigger disk so that I can do more testing. However, in this part of the
world those are still considered useful by some (sigh) so it's harder to
get my greedy little hands on one. All of *my* machines are P166 or better
with 64MB of RAM or better.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at indahaus.com