[Rule-list] Joining group

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at indahaus.com
Tue Mar 19 08:56:50 EET 2002

At 3/18/2002 11:48 PM -0500, you wrote:
>Also, if you are still interested in helping out with documentation,
>slinky could use a proper step by step guide.

I'm good at writing, I'll get into this if you need help on it.

> > I think network install is available with the latest version of both
> > installers. There was an in-depth testing/discussion just hours ago,
> > see the archives.
>
>Slinky can't do a network install currently. At least not in any way that
>would be deemed user friendly. You do have ifconfig, rpm and wget
>available, so it may be possible if you modify the install script, and
>can get the network up.
>Patches to the slinky scripts gratefully accepted. :)

I'm also quite comfy with *using* ifconfig, rpm, and wget even if I can't
program my way out of a paper bag any more. You want me to try this in its
currently user-hostile form? Give me some basic instructions and I'll give
it a shot... I'll have to look up the instructions for a net boot (forgot
them) but I can do it quite easily.

That way I can perhaps give you good enough input to be able to fix some of
the missing pieces and get net boot running for slinky.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at indahaus.com