[Rule-list] Suggestion for modifying XFree86 and Tiny X

Bill Crawford rule at billemon.org.uk
Thu Mar 21 05:47:28 EET 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:

> Then you could simply use blackbox or whatever was mentioned
> before....that dos one (name escapes me)....or for the slower pentiums
> people could add in Ice or Windowmaker....or whatever....I know for a fact
> that Windowmaker or even Fvwm run real good on a P166.......but probably
> like cold tar on a 486...tried that a while back with a 486
> w/8meg...........about equal to watching paint dry....;-))

 fvwm (2?) ran very well on a 486 dx/33, with 16MB of RAM ... as I've
noted elsewhere my wife and I used to start two X sessions and swap
between them (as it was either quicker than logging out and restarting
or seemed like it).  I think we even used enlightenment and an early
version of GNOME on that machine.

> Just a little thought fodder............G

 It's "when I were a lad ..." and "that reminds me ..." fodder.  Try
news:alt.folklore.computers or news:comp.society.folklore for more of
the same.