Fwd: Re: [Rule-list] PC #12 insmod anyone?

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 21 09:55:58 EET 2002

> /lib/modules/2.4.9-31RULE/kernel/drivers/cdrom/
> first, you'll need to do:
> 'mkdir -p /lib/modules/2.4.9-31RULE/kernel/drivers/cdrom/'
>
> After you copy the module, run 'depmod -ae'
> Hopefully, this will do the trick for you, Gordon.
>
> Currently, the latested version of the installer is plugging away on my
> P-200.
> In 6MB of RAM! :)
> OK, so it isn't speedy, but it is in fact progressing at a reasonable
> pace.

Yup...a p200 w/a whopping 6meg....that pump has gotta be suckin' slough
water....a real speedster at any time....;-))

Your probably doing far better than me; this is really getting
frustrating....did the copying into /lib...................../cdrom.

Did the depmod -ae

Made the devs

And what do I get for yours and my efforts???

insmod: sbpcd=0x230,1.o: no module by that name found

arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!! go find the hammer!!!!

If I do a 'modprobe sbpcd.o' with no parameters it goes into it's little
sequence and finds all the wrong ports...then it tells me

insmod: init_module: sbpcd: I/O error-------like that was news!!!!!!

What puzzles me about this...is why can miniconda find the damn thing, and
we can't;  even installing manually.  One would think with the module there
and the right parameters supplied it's just gotta go....and the other time I
did manage to get it installed.......is wasn't initialized......hmmmm....and
I don't think its even operator error this time....

Later...G