[Rule-list] About Midhnight commander menus

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Mar 22 02:16:19 EET 2002

Larry,

thanks for your suggestions about MC. In the future, however, please
send different messages for different topics, it helps to follow only
the discussions one is more interested in, ore to which he can give
the higher contribution.

Said this, it's been a while since I last used MC. Do you mean
"how do we add custom menu to MC, and bind generic scripts to each menu
entry"?

If so, it should be in MC documentation, shouldn't it?

>a file manager mc is an ftp interface and a text editor. Has anyone
>set it up as a menu? There is an F2 user menu. Anyone use this?
>Also a menu subdirectory could be created with scripts to start the
>RULE apps. Any other ideas? Does anyone have other suggestions
>for a text menuing system for non graphical RULE installs?

About non graphical RULE install, I repeat my suggestion that some
competent C programmer looks at TWIN: Havoc Pennington says in its
present form it's too much a bad hack to be shippable by RH, and
certainly he has excellent reason to say this, being the hacker he is.
OTOH, they also said the installer couldn't work with less than 32 MB
of RAM, didn't they? :=))

		RULE project leader

--
All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system,
there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless,