[Rule-list] PC #12 insmod anyone?---SUCCESS

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 22 21:52:51 EET 2002

> > Will try complete install tomorrow AM...but am positive it will work
> > now that the cd is recognized...
>
> I'm sure it will work now. Please try loading the module from the floppy

> again, and note the error message for me when you do the install? I'm
> curious, as I did manage to load it from disk here. I want to put
> something about this in the README file.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> - -D

Hi...you know that part about being positve it's gonna work....
Guess I spoke a little too soon...;-(

Module loads fine from the floppy---that must've been 'gordo error'.  I
may have gone into the directory on the floppy instead of from the outside
at /.

Anyway both versions work...1.6 and 1.6a.

Then I tried mounting as hdc...stead of sbpcd...no go.  Tried linking hdc
and sbpcd...sez file already exists...what gives???

Now the real bad news...installer stalls at 'mke2fs' goes for 15 to
20min...then errors out...failed to make filesystem...hmmmmmmmmm

Swap is on everything seems normal....but...

Tried doing it manually, with no problems at all...but yet when I try
running through the script it dies, same spot and with both 1.6 and 1.6a.

As usual input is welcome....guess we need a new thread now (wore this one

Later...G