[Rule-list] Partitioning not always straight forward

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 25 15:20:00 EET 2002

> Hello All
>
> Using druid or fdisk with weird results:
>
> > mount point, saw "mount point:(not applicable)" but with ext3
> snip
> > again chose first free space, chose new, etc. as before but came
> > out with same free space in what was hda1 and a new hda6, with 5 & 6
each
> > half of hda3
>
> Another time an attempt to delete hda2 swap partition resulted in hda2
> remaining while free space shows up elsewhere.
>
> Both times with miniconda 0.7.1 with early swap hack to hda2.
>
> Richard

Hi All...

Just reading back through some posts...and wanted to mention that Richard
isn't the only one that gets some strange results using Disk Druid and
fdisk.   I too; get to that part...enter the sizes for swap and / and most
times the partitions will be interchanged....eg---40meg swap hdb1 350meg /
hdb2-----after all is said and done I end up with 40meg swap hdb2 and 350
meg / hdb1.  No idea of what's causing that; I thought it was just my
inexperience with the proggies...but I guess not.  OTOH using 'cdisk' in
slinky...the partitions come out as originally setup....go figure.

later..G