[Rule-list] Miniconda, slinky, and other OSes

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Mon Mar 25 20:46:07 EET 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 10:31:21 at 10:31:21AM -0600, Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:

> I'll make this my business to find out....not sure about either...but then
> OTOH if they have the power to be running either of the above....why RULE???

Because (IMHO) it's cool (much more than some screenshots around with
everything *and* the kitchen sink open at the same time) to show that
 you can do everything and still
have 99% of your RAM and disk free for meaningful stuff

Also, RULE, leaving all the cruft out, eases system maintenance because
many bugs/alerts just don't touch you, and gives easier customization
because you don't have all the "friendly" config interfaces trying to
undo wht you think is right

Any other reasons? please add them, so we add all to the FAQ!

> Project troublemaker....;-))

Yes, but (I hope) a costructive one. OTOH, as that guy said, "I gotta
be me..."

		RULE project leader
--
The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one
wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering