[Rule-list] Enabling swap early in vt2

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Wed Mar 27 18:58:45 EET 2002

On Sunday 24 March 2002 3:05 am, Devon wrote:

> Yes, but I can almost guarantee that the results will be interesting if
> you turn off swap at this point. ;)
>
> The command is swapoff /dev/your_swap_partition
>
> Expect a delay and a lot of disk activity while the system attempts to
> comply. It's a pretty good bet the installer will run out of memory and
> crash at 8M.
>
> -D

That is exactly what happened.

Also, as I posted earlier, playing with 2 swap partitions, swapon manually to
smaller, later marking it for deletion by druid, resulted in two entries in
vt3 (or vt4) enabling swap (smaller size) priority 1, and right underneath
it, enabling swap (larger size) priority 2.

Still crashed the miniconda decompressing the packages because mem=8M is too
little :(

Richard