[Rule-list] minimum rule install

James james at opencountry.org
Fri Mar 29 10:05:21 EET 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:20:37 +0100
Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it> wrote and hopefully I read
right:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 00:06:23 at 12:06:23AM -0800, James wrote:
> >
> > This sounds like a paper and pencil type job... If I could get a
> > copy of rpm -qa on the box with the 248 install I can start
checking
> > out what needs what and see just how far down I can get it
without
> > having to rebuild rpms.
> >
> James,
> no need to restart from scratch on this: in the first ten days or
so
> of the list we already discussed (partly) this issue, check in the
> archives.
>
> 	Ciao,
> 		Marco Fioretti
> 		RULE project leader

I knew of that I'm partially using that plus some other sources I
have handy to see minimal I can really go without recompiles.
Intresting note.  The new Mandrake (yes I know this is an RH room
*grin*) does a minimal install in 65 megs.  I'd like to compare that
to the rule list once I get the disks and see just what really is a
bare bones install.