[Rule-list] Fw: still stuck on sbpcd kinda

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 30 17:58:47 EET 2002

> Why the 'touch' command?
>
> > I've tried several different lines to try and get sbpcd loaded to but
> > to no avail...
> >
> > I just do it after boot with insmod
> > /lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/drivers/cdrom/sbpcd.o sbpcd=0x230.1
>
> If all else fails, adding a couple of lines to rc.local should do it:
> # Avoid problems when the kernel is upgraded.
> version=$(uname -r)
> insmod /lib/modules/"$version"/kernel/drivers/cdrom/sbpcd.o
> sbpcd=0x230.1
>
> I'd change the first line as well:
>
> /lib/modules/"$version"/kernel/drivers/cdrom/cdrom.o &
>
> - -D

Hi all

Yup you were right. Removed 'touch'...and still works well.  Thought it was needed because I always had to cd into the directory before I could load the module...

Will add $version just cause it't the right way to do it...but I really doubt I'll be compiling kernels on that machine (life is simply too short)....;-)

The machine will load the cdrom.o but not the sbpcd.o on boot....it seems to skip through the sequence too quickly for the mod to load.   Imagine that a 486 booting too fast..........

Later...G