[Rule-list] Removing unneded locales

James james at opencountry.org
Tue Apr 2 09:55:06 EEST 2002

>From Vicarious experience.

   Take a look at what it would take to "strip termcap down to just
what is actually likely to be needed.  By removing the comments
alone. One of the guys I know cut about 3 to 3.5 megs off of the
file.  (This was to fit netBSD into 32 megs. for a Vadum Clio) When
he was done Stripping out everything for Amiga and the IBM 360 etc
he showed me a file that was about 200k in size.  And it worked as
if he hadn't changed a thing.   Myself I don't know enough about
terminals to feel right "stripping it".  But if you are looking to
cut weight.

James

   One file to look at "stripping would be termcap

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:12:59 +0200
Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it> wrote and hopefully I read
right: